Wednesday, August 6, 2008

LuAnne Pearce Responds

Representative Russell Pearce's wife LuAnne has issued the following statement regarding a really nasty hit piece that was recently mailed out by a group called "Mesa Deserves Better":

"Recently opponents of our State's employer sanctions law made despicable, misleading and false attacks on my husband and our family. Twenty-eight years ago a petition for divorce was filed on my behalf. The allegations in this 28 year old document are not true and the petition was shortly thereafter withdrawn.
The people behind this "Mesa Deserves Better" committee are not honorable. Their only purpose is to destroy my husband's good reputation, to hurt our family and to repeal the law which prevents them from hiring individuals who are in this country illegally. I urge everyone to reject these mean spirited people and all who are affiliated with them. It is apparent that they will go to any length and use any measure to further their own political agenda.
My husband is a good man, a man of faith who taught our children and grandchildren the meaning of honor and duty to God, Family and Country. I hope all voters in District 18 join me in supporting my husband for State Senate and rejecting these misleading and false attacks."
-LuAnne Pearce

1 comment:

Armed Citizen said...

I was really glad to see her response to that mailer. I got one of those flyers and was shocked to read all of those allegations. My wife and I did not know how to feel at the time. After many personal meetings with him, I know him to be a principled, God fearing, moral individual.

Another thing the flyer does well is hide the fact that it was 28 years old. It also leads one to believe that he was divorced.

I agree that this race has gotten dirty. I hope Pearce does not have to get down in the mud just to be heard.